- Construction Company Owners — Protect yourself from personal liability by creating a Limited Liability Company
- "Perfecting a Mechanics Lien: What You Need to Do it Right", Illinois Bar Journal, May 2013
- "New Legislation Gives Mechanics Lien Claimants Priority", DuPage County Bar Association Brief, May 2013
- Getting Progress Payments and How to Properly Suspend Work
- Steps To Protect Mechanic's Lien Rights, Lien Rights on Private Property, Common Defenses to Mechanics Lien Rights, and more
- Illinois Construction Manual, Chapter 4, Selected Statutes, West Publishing, 2008
- In General
- Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Practices Act
- Home Repair and Remodeling Act
- Home Repair Fraud Act
- Construction Contract Indemnification for Negligence Act
- Bankruptcy - Sometimes even the most fiscally responsible individual or family falls into unmanageable financial circumstances. If you find yourself missing monthly mortgage payments, falling behind on credit card bills, or sacrificing your family's basic needs in order to ward off creditors, bankruptcy may be an option worth considering.
- Estate Planning - You've worked hard for what you have. Along with asset ownership comes responsibility. Assets must be managed properly and maintained in such a way that in the event you die or become disabled, your family will derive benefits with few administrative burdens and minimal court involvement.
- Guardianship: a Useful Life-planning Tool - Whether you are becoming the guardian for a parent or choosing a guardian for your child, there are several issues to consider and discuss with your attorney before executing any documents.
- Living Will - You may believe that your living will is sufficient for all of your health care planning needs. However, a living will addresses only the withdrawal of life support. It does not address treatment, medication, and residential placement. The durable power of attorney for health care is a more comprehensive planning method for health care contingencies.
- Preventing Spousal Impoverishment - In many households across the country, couples are facing the problem where one spouse requires long-term nursing care while the other remains independent. Providing this long-term care can drain away a couple's assets.
- The Elderly and Health Care - For people nearing retirement age health care planning is an important, yet frequently overlooked, issue.
Contact Us Today!
Submit our online form and you will receive a response from one of our attorneys. If you need immediate assistance, please call (630) 682-9872.
"What sets Nigro, Westfall & Gryska apart from all the other attorneys I have dealt with is their desire to find the most equitable resolution in the shortest time. Yet they can be tough as nails when you need it and their staff is professional and personable..." MoreView All Testimonials