Practice Areas

Corporations, Limited Liability Companies and Partnerships

We are often asked by our clients in what legal form they should establish and operate their new or existing business. We advise them as to the alternatives: a sole proprietorship, general partnership, limited partnership, corporation or limited liability company (LLC). We help them decide which business entity form is best for them after discussing among other items:

  • the nature and scope of their business,
  • personal liability and potential liability issues,
  • insurance coverage,
  • their expected investments in the entity,
  • rights to control the entity,
  • majority and minority owner rights and possible protections,
  • compensation issues and rights to control compensation,
  • the rights and duties in case of disability or death of an owner
  • the attorney's fees and costs of each entity.

Resolving these issues at the beginning, rather than after a dispute arises, will save you substantial money, time, emotional burdens, and usually avoid costly litigation.

We have years of solid experience in helping you select the best entity for the operation of your business. We also offer seasoned legal advice that you may need from time to time to avoid the many legal pitfalls and challenges of operating your own business or venturing into a business venture with others.

Attorneys Focusing in this Area

Contact Us Today!

Submit our online form and you will receive a response from one of our attorneys. If you need immediate assistance, please call (630) 682-9872.

Please note that no attorney/client relationship is established until the client and the attorney agree in writing.

"Mike Nigro won a very important and difficult case for our non-profit organization. Mike counseled us through many complicated decisions by clearly explaining our choices, his strategy and recommendations. Once we determined that we could not reasonably resolve the case and we had to litigate, Mike thoroughly prepared our witnesses and presented a logical and persuasive case. He also deftly cross-examined the opposing witnesses to expose the inconsistencies and improbabilities of their testimony. We thank Mike very much for his hard work and conscientious representation."

Linda Yang
Executive Director of the Xilin Association
View All Testimonials