Craig C. Westfall
Craig is Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer of Nigro, Westfall & Gryska, P.C. In 1980, he and Michael Nigro established the firm. Craig has acquired a wide range of legal experience in representing banks and other financial institutions for over 20 years. As general counsel, he has handled real estate transactions, business and asset acquisitions, landlord/tenant matters, employment matters, day-to-day operation problems, loan documentation, defense of claims against the institutions, and every conceivable type of collection matter. By way of example, collection matters include UCC and mortgage foreclosure proceedings, workouts and bankruptcy matters, receiverships, replevin and detinue actions, actions on notes, guarantees, credit cards, credit lines, installment contracts, and bad checks, and actions against third parties other than debtors, including actions on warranties and actions to avoid transfers in fraud of creditors. He has successfully handled bench trials, jury trials and appeals before the State and Federal Appellate Courts. In addition to banks and other financial institutions, Craig represents numerous small and medium size businesses and many individual clients. His goal is to provide quality representation, personal attention, and prompt service at fair and reasonable prices.
Practice Areas of Special Emphasis
- Banking and Commercial Law
- Business law - Contracts, business acquisitions, corporations, and partnerships
- Real Estate - Commercial and Residential
- Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning and Probate
- DePauw (BA, 1973)
- Loyola University Law School, Chicago (JD, 1976)
- State of Illinois (since 1976)
- United States Northern District of Illinois (since 1976)
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Attorney's Title Guaranty Fund, Inc.
- Professional National Title Network
- Frequent speaker at Real Estate Seminars ("Choosing a Real Estate Attorney", "How to handle a Real Estate Transaction")
Contact Us Today!
Submit our online form and you will receive a response from one of our attorneys. If you need immediate assistance, please call (630) 682-9872.
"Mike Nigro won a very important and difficult case for our non-profit organization. Mike counseled us through many complicated decisions by clearly explaining our choices, his strategy and recommendations. Once we determined that we could not reasonably resolve the case and we had to litigate, Mike thoroughly prepared our witnesses and presented a logical and persuasive case. He also deftly cross-examined the opposing witnesses to expose the inconsistencies and improbabilities of their testimony. We thank Mike very much for his hard work and conscientious representation."View All Testimonials