Michael T. Nigro
Mike is President of Nigro, Westfall & Gryska, P.C. In 1980 he and Craig Westfall established the firm and dedicated the firm to personalized and quality service.
Practice Areas of Special Emphasis
- Business Law – Contracts, Sale and Purchase of businesses, corporations, and partnerships
- Construction Law – Mechanics Liens, Public Liens, Bond Claims
- Debt Collection – Creditors Rights and Collection Law
- Real Estate – Commercial, Industrial and Residential
- Landlord/Tenant Law
For over 30 years Mike has been able to help many people and businesses achieve their goals. He is dedicated to make sure that the NW&G promise of quality representation, personal attention, prompt service and reasonable fees is kept for every client. He is also dedicated to concepts of fairness and professionalism in all dealings. Mike has successfully handled and concluded thousands of cases and matters over the years. He and the firm have many satisfied clients.
Professional Honors and Recognitions
- Preeminent AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell Law List for Legal Ability and Ethics
- Top Chicago Attorney as published in The National Law Journal
- Top Attorney Rating with Avvo
- Loyola University of Chicago (BA, 1970)
- Loyola University Law School (JD, 1973)
- State of Illinois (since 1973)
- United States Northern District of Illinois (since 1979)
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Illinois Equipment Distributors
- Attorney's Title Guaranty Fund, Inc.
- Professional National Title Network
- Society of Illinois Construction Attorneys
- Frequent speaker on Mechanics Liens, Bond Claims, Construction Issues, and Creditors' Rights
- Testified before the Illinois Senate Commerce Committee regarding the rental amendment to the Mechanics Lien Act
- Past Chairman of the DuPage Bar Association Committee on Legal Aid
- Arbitrator on the Construction Law Panel for the American Arbitration Assoc.
- Co-authored Chapter VI, "Public Policy Issues" with Howard Turner, Turner on Illinois Mechanics Liens, by Howard Turner published by Illinois State Bar Association with Society of Illinois Construction Attorneys (2016).
- Co-authored "Perfecting a Mechanics Lien: What You Need to Do it Right", Illinois Bar Journal, May 2013
- Co-authored "New Legislation Gives Mechanics Lien Claimants Priority", DuPage County Bar Association Brief, May 2013
- "Getting Progress Payments and How to Properly Suspend Work", ASA Chicago Construction News, September 2003.
- "Steps To Protect Mechanic's Lien Rights, Lien Rights on Private Property, Common Defenses to Mechanics Lien Rights, and more", ASA Chicago Construction News, 2002 and updated yearly on web site through 2017.
- Illinois Construction Manual, Chapter 4, Selected Statutes, West Publishing, updated 2014 (co-author)
- Illinois Employee Classification Act, Construction Connection by Association of Subcontractors & Affiliates (ASA), August 2008
Contact Us Today!
Submit our online form and you will receive a response from one of our attorneys. If you need immediate assistance, please call (630) 682-9872.
"Over the past several years, Nigro, Westfall & Gryska has successfully represented us in numerous mechanic's lien cases and other legal matters. They offer the perfect blend of knowledge, experience and affordability. They take the time to learn what a client expects out of a particular case, and they have the capability to meet those expectations. We're fortunate to have them on our side."View All Testimonials